Apply today for up to $10,000 in funding toward a business or tech role
Innovate BC’s Innovator Skills Initiative offers up to $10,000 per employee, per year, for BC-based companies, startups and non-profits to hire young professionals from under-represented groups. The program connects students and people who have already graduated or have industry certifications with an opportunity to bring their skills to a company looking for help.
Eligible employers must be one of the following:
• A BC-based tech company or non-profit hiring for a business or tech role
• A BC-based non-tech company or non-profit hiring for a tech role
• A BC-based post-secondary institution hiring for a tech role
• A BC-based local/regional authority or Indigenous community hiring for a tech role
Employers must also:
• Offer valuable, paid work experience to the candidate
• Hire a candidate who self-identifies as under-represented (Indigenous, Black and people of colour, 2SLGBTQQIA+, Neuro-diverse, Persons living with a visible or invisible disability, Women, Youth from care, Non-binary, Other)
Additionally, did you know?
► If you've hired someone on or after July 1, 2021 then you are retroactively eligible for the program
► Companies can receive up to ten $10,000 grants for 10 different employees per year
► The application requires less than 10 minutes to complete
Ready to hire? This program is funded by the Province of British Columbia and delivered by Innovate BC. Start your application today.
Questions? FAQ can be found here. If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com
|***Would you be interested in attending an info session to find out more about the program? If so, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know***|