The SXSW Gaming Awards celebrate the wide reach of gaming across areas such as art, design, narrative, gameplay, cultural innovation, and more. Enter any or all of the Gaming Awards categories that celebrate and recognize the best within the gaming world. Deadline to apply is December 9, 2021.
- Game of the Year
- Indie Game of the Year
- Tabletop Game of the Year
- VR Game of the Year
- Matthew Crump Cultural Innovation Award
- Excellence in Animation, Art, & Visual Achievement
- Excellence in Game Design
- Excellence in Original Score
- Excellence in Multiplayer
- Excellence in Narrative
- Excellence in Audio Design
- Excellence in Technical Achievement
Final nominees for each category will be publicly announced in February 2022 and all nominees will receive two SXSW Platinum Registrations to attend SXSW 2022.
Entry & Judging Process
The Gaming Awards are open for entry from August to December of each year. All entries must be completed titles released during that calendar year.
Once all entries are received, the judging process will begin for SXSW staff and an advisory board. Once the judging process concludes, SXSW will announce the final nominees for each category in February.